Limited Traffic Zone..no problem!
The ZTL (Limited Traffic Area)? We’ll deal with it!
- Access via reserved lanes (Via XXVII Aprile, Via Dei Benci, Via Lamarmora, Via della Stazione, Lungarno Diaz, Via della Mattonaia) is excluded as they are for the exclusive use of authorized personnel (for Bus, Rescue, Law enforcement, Taxi). The circulation in the aforementioned streets is also prohibited to access our garages, they are violations of the Highway Code.
- Access via pedestrian areas (Via dei Bardi, Piazza Pitti, Piazza Duomo) are excluded and are suitably signposted and not passable for circulation, these too are infringements of the Highway Code.
- We remind you that the Mayor Ordinance no. 2018/00301 - Permanent prohibition of circulation within the ZTL perimeter for vehicles belonging to the environmental classes Euro 1 petrol and Euro 2 diesel.
- The registration for the ZTL is made only upon your arrival at our Garage, and is valid only for the stay at our Garage, once your stay is over and you have left our Garage, the ZTL permit is no longer valid.
- The municipal tax that is paid to the Municipality of Florence, is valid only for the stay in our Garage, at the time of exit and the car is returned to customers, the tax is no longer valid.
- After the customer has left our garage, we advise you to be very careful not to go back under an electronic door, even if the traffic light is green, you are not covered to leave the historic center.
- If you accidentally go through an electronic gate after having already left our garage, you will most likely receive a penalty, which unfortunately cannot be managed.
- Vi raccomandiamo di conservare gli scontrini per almeno 6 mesi per clienti Italiani, e 15 mesi per Clienti Stranieri per Agevolare le Ricerche qualora fosse necessario.
ZTL Limited Traffic Area
The whole area of Florence’s old town centre (approximately the one included among the 19th century ring roads and safeguarded as ‘Unesco Heritage’) is defined, regarding mobility, as a limited traffic area (ZTL). Inside this area, the access, traffic and stopping are all regulated by special rules.
The ZTL is bounded by a series of ‘access passages’ which, besides being marked by special signs, are controlled by telematic doors which automatically take the numberplates of all passing vehicles. Among the many ‘passages’ there are some (those exclusively reserved to means of transport and breakdown service) that are always forbidden, 24 hours a day.
Tourist who, driving vehicles, have the need to travel within the ZTL to reach an accommodation facility or a garage – passing through the authorized telematic doors, always with the exclusion of lanes reserved to means of transport and of the pedestrian area forbidden 24 hours a day – can make use of a temporary access permit. In order to obtain it, they have to report their own numberplate to the hotelier (or to the garage) which will then transmit it by telematic way to the competent offices.The permit will be given up to a maximum of two hours for transporting luggage and, therefore, as a rule, only for arrivals and departures to and from the accommodation facility (but also in case the tourist cannot be received at the facility for the lack of accommodation capacity). During the guest’s stay, the car has to be parked outside the ZTL or at the hotel’s business or private garage.
People holding a ‘disabled parking permit’ who have the necessity to travel with their own vehicle within the ZTL, must contact the following green number: 800 339891.