The ZTL (Limited Traffic Area)? We’ll deal with it!
For cars of subscription customers we'll insert the plate in permanent white list (allowed to enter the ZTL).The plate will be regularized upon arrival at one of our garages (arrival at the garage must be made within 3 hours by the transition from electrionic door). To regularize Z.T.L. access must the payment of the Municipal Ticket € .1,00, beyond the normal charge to park is necessary.
- Access via reserved lanes (Via XXVII Aprile, Via Dei Benci, Via Lamarmora, Via della Stazione, Lungarno Diaz, Via della Mattonaia) is excluded as they are for the exclusive use of authorized personnel (for Bus, Rescue, Law enforcement, Taxi). The circulation in the aforementioned streets is also prohibited to access our garages, they are violations of the Highway Code.
- Access via pedestrian areas (Via dei Bardi, Piazza Pitti, Piazza Duomo) are excluded and are suitably signposted and not passable for circulation, these too are infringements of the Highway Code.
- We remind you that the Mayor Ordinance no. 2018/00301 - Permanent prohibition of circulation within the ZTL perimeter for vehicles belonging to the environmental classes Euro 1 petrol and Euro 2 diesel.
- The registration of the license plate for the ZTL access authorization is sent only when the car arrives in the garage, and is valid only for the first access to the ZTL (arrival).
- If the customer uses the car during the period of the stay, the authorization for the ZTL must be sent every time he enters the ZTL for the return to the garage.
- At the exit there are no ZTL problems (just be very careful not to re-enter through the access gates which are clearly visible and signposted because in that case you will no longer be authorized).
- In the event that by mistake this happens, to avoid that a fine can reach you you should go again c / o. The parking garage and the new authorization (otherwise you will most likely receive the sanction that unfortunately we will not be able to manage).
- We recommend that you keep the garage exit receipt for at least 6 months (Italian customers) and for 15 months (foreign customers) which will facilitate our searches if necessary.
ZTL Limited Traffic Area
The whole area of Florence’s old town centre (approximately the one included among the 19th century ring roads and safeguarded as ‘Unesco Heritage’) is defined, regarding mobility, as a limited traffic area
(ZTL). Inside this area, the access, traffic and stopping are all regulated by special rules.
The ZTL is bounded by a series of ‘access passages’ which, besides being marked by special signs, are controlled by telematic doors
which automatically take the numberplates of all passing vehicles. Among the many ‘passages’ there are some (those exclusively reserved to means of transport and breakdown service) that are always forbidden, 24 hours a day.
who, driving vehicles, have the need to travel within the ZTL to reach an accommodation facility
or a garage
– passing through the authorized telematic doors, always with the exclusion of lanes reserved to means of transport and of the pedestrian area forbidden 24 hours a day – can make use of a temporary access permit
. In order to obtain it, they have to report their own numberplate to the hotelier (or to the garage) which will then transmit it by telematic way to the competent offices.The permit will be given up to a maximum of two hours for transporting luggage and, therefore, as a rule, only for arrivals and departures to and from the accommodation facility (but also in case the tourist cannot be received at the facility for the lack of accommodation capacity). During the guest’s stay, the car has to be parked outside the ZTL or at the hotel’s business or private garage.
People holding a ‘disabled parking permit
’ who have the necessity to travel with their own vehicle within the ZTL, must contact the following green number: 800 339891